Avoid a Long Wait
Below are tips to avoid heavy wait times for your annual emissions test:
- Avoid high traffic times such as before work, after work or during the lunch hour, if possible.
- Avoid the first few days and last few days of the month, Mondays, and the day before or after any holiday.
- Stick to the middle – the middle of the month, middle of the week, mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
- Avoid congested, high traffic areas during peak rush hour.
- Contact your nearby testing station and ask for its recommendation on bringing your vehicle in.
- Your station of choice may take appointments. Call and ask.
- Seek referrals from friends and relatives who can advise on stations with quick service and minimal wait times.
- Do not wait until the last minute. This limits your options.